Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wild Card!


After Monday Night's game between Carolina and Tampa, I had resigned to the fact that my Fantasy Football team would not be joining the glorious ranks of the playoffs for the first time in the 8 years that I've been running leagues. My coworker Effie edged me out by a mere 2 points in our final game for what would have given me the division championship.

Imagine my surprise to wake up this morning to find myself in the playoffs!

That's right, boys and girls, thanks to some rather ill-timed losing streaks on the part of the stronger 'middle ground' teams, I have secured the lone Wild Card spot by a one-half game margin! I'm not exactly proud of my 7-6-1 record this year, but I will live to play another week!

This week I'm up against Kristen's husband, Sean. In our matchup this season, the Diablo Vino bested me by a meager 5 points, however since then I have outscored Sean's team 330-232 - an average of almost 25 points per week. The guys over at NFL.com are giving me a razor thin 1-point edge in our matchup preview for this week, so it should be interesting to see how Sunday turns out.

No comments: