Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wheeler Farm Party


This evening was the Christmas party for my mom's church, courtesy of the fine folks at Wheeler Farm. Even though we don't attend the same church as my mom, she was kind enough to extend an invitation to my wife and I as well as my sister's family and my grandmother.


It started off with a great country fried chicken, mashed potato, and stuffing dinner with more bread than should be allowed under state law. All the butter and jam currently in circulation couldn't have covered the demand of these rolls. Thankfully, only a small portion was eaten. This was pretty much my nephew Scotland's first major major event but he seemed to handle it really well.


The majority of the night's entertainment was provided by the a cappella group Hangtime. One of the highlights of their show was a funny as hell rendition of Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer. Prior to the show, they asked people for various nouns, verbs, etc and ad-lib'd key parts of the lyrics. They also roped my foster sister Tiffany into helping with the act by playing the part of the poor embarrassed reindeer (see the above pic)

There was also a reading of the biblical story of Christ's birth and a silent auction to benefit their church. Last I checked I was the high bidder for a pair of Phantom of the Opera tickets for a show this coming March. Hopefully my bid held out because its been forever since I've seen Phantom live.


As usual, I was a complete and total sucker for my neice Kiera. I couldn't help but snap pic after pic and she was more than willing to give me all the photo shoot time I asked for.

Overall the evening was a lot of fun and everyone I talked to had a great time. The entertainment was fantastic, and this was a great way to kick off our fifteen days of action packed Christmas hell... I mean joy. Christmas joy!


This is what a total sucker looks like, right here. I'm still kind of a noob at this self-picture taking thing though.

No comments: