Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wall-E - The Film about Evil Mankind

So yesterday after picking up my new iPhone, Heidi and I decided to catch a movie. The choice was between Kung Fu Panda and Wall-E. I've been really wanting to see both movies so we had to make a choice between the two.

Let's just say I wish I had THAT choice to make again.

I'm not really sure what to say about this film, other than if you can get past the "Mankind is evil, lazy, and bad for the Earth and we're not going to do anything about it until Earth is a giant trash-filled dustball" undertone being shoved down your throat during the entire film, you will probably enjoy it.

My wife could get past that. I, however, could not. I tried, I really did. But just as soon as I was past it, Pixar slammed it on me again. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the consequences of our 'inaction' on Global Climate Change was supposed to make us all die in floods? Apparently floods aren't scary enough anymore, so the message has been changed to barren wastelands with no vegetation of any kind, 300mph windstorms ON LAND, and hardly any water of any kind on the surface.

Also, don't you think about 90% of that trash would have decomposed or rusted away in 730 years?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that this is a cartoon and its not "supposed" to be a political message... but I just couldn't get past it. Sad to say, this will probably be the only Pixar movie I don't buy.

1 comment:

Pat R said...

Wall-E totally looks like the robot from "Short Circuit," minus the cheesy 80's style of course... but i'm sure Pixar made a totally original story otherwise