Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Five Seconds with Glenn Beck

Yesterday was probably one of the more active Independence Days I've ever spent in my adult years. I'd been hearing for about a week now that Glenn Beck was going to be in Orem on the 4th for a book signing. Having never been to a book signing before, and of course never having met Glenn Beck, I decided even though it would cost me almost $20 in gas to get there it was just too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Wife and book in tow, we went down to Orem to meet the man we listen to every afternoon. It was a really interesting experience... and there were TONS of people there. When he came in he gave a short introduction and talked about how awesome Utah is and how we celebrate the Fourth of July here. After that, it was time for mass signatures!

My dear wife failed in epic proportions in getting a picture with Glenn signing my actual book. So I had to go back in and take pictures. It seemed like everyone that came through got to experience the "Five Seconds with Glenn Beck." There were so many people that they didn't let us pose for pictures. You went up, he shook your hand, thanked you for coming, and wished you a happy Independence Day. Wham!! Bam!!

I did manage to get in a "Thank you for everything you do for our country" before I was moved along. He smiled and said "Its my honor." What an awesome guy.

And I did get my book signed. Mission accomplished! More on our Independence Day after I go through the pictures!

3 comments:

Shimmy said...

Funny how Glenn Beck never talks anymore about all those dogs he tortured and killed (pit bulls).

Dillon said...

I was wondering how long it would take for my blog to pop up on the radar of those pesky liberals... now I know! :D

PS - when you make wild accusations like that Mr Cat, back it up with some linkage.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got the opportunity to meet Glenn Beck. I loved having him here for the Stadium of Fire celebration also. He is a great guy!