Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Car of the Future?

I present you with what I feel is the greatest step thus far in automotive engineering. Consider the following...

A sporty roadster that can go from 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds... with a redline of 13,000 RPMs.

Standard features include leather seats, Blaupunkt stereo system, HomeLink universal transmitter, power windows and locks, air conditioning, touch nav screen with GPS, PIN activated security and vehicle disabling system, Bluetooth and Wifi integration.

I know you're thinking, "So what? I can get this in any sports car." Well hold on to your butts...

Consider that this vehicle costs you less than two cents per mile to drive and gets an equivalent of 256 miles per gallon.

Consider that you can drive over 200 miles at less cost than a single gallon of premium grade gas.

Consider that this baby is 100% electric with a battery that is capable of 100,000 miles before any performance losses begin to occur.

My I present to you what I personally believe is the first version of the automobile of the future, the Tesla Roadster. I heard a very, very short blip about this car on the Glenn Beck Program about two weeks ago, and just recently got around to doing some research on it. I must say that this... this!!! is the kind of alternative fuel automobile that America has been waiting for. Not some wussy, spineless Prius. A car that has looks, performance, reliability, and could completely free you from the grips of those dastardly Saudis.

I am a firm believer that when more of these kind of cars come to be, that many Americans will more than happily cast aside our gas-guzzling cars. This is the way Capitalism works, the way America works. Take your "Cap and Trade" and shove it, Obama and McCain. Give me an alternative that I actually want to drive and I guarantee it will sell, and sell well.

You can check it out for yourself at TeslaMotors.com.

1 comment:

Janet Walgren said...

I've always wondered why it is important to be able to go from 0 to 60 mph quickly. Is it so that a guy can escape commitment after a date or escape the authorities when he's done something wrong? A need for speed??? what is that all about anyway?